WorkSafe Awards Calling On Health And Safety Leaders
Entries for the 2015 WorkSafe Victoria Awards opened today, with businesses and employees that have demonstrated a passion for improving workplace health and safety encouraged to apply.
Now in their 27th year, the prestigious awards recognise outstanding contributions to health and safety and returning to the workplace.
There are nine WorkSafe Award categories across health and safety and return to work:
Health and Safety
- Best solution to a specific workplace health and safety issue
- Excellence in health and safety management
- Health and safety representative of the year
- Health and safety invention of the year
- Commitment to workplace health and wellbeing
- OHS Achievement
Return to Work
- Employer excellence in return to work
- Return to Work Coordinator excellence
- Worker return to work achievement
Entries close on 26 June. Winners will be announced at an awards presentation during WorkSafe’s Health and Safety Week during October.
For more details or to enter the awards visit www.worksafeawards.com.au
Quotes attributable to the Minister for Finance, Robin Scott
“Every Victorian employee has a right to feel safe in the workplace.”
“We’re supporting the WorkSafe Awards, which encourage businesses and employees to lead by example in health and safety and in returning to the workplace.”
Quotes attributable to WorkSafe Victoria’s Acting Chief Executive, Clare Amies
“The awards have been a key event in the WorkSafe calendar for 27 years. Each year it’s inspiring to see the commitment so many Victorian employers and workers have to keeping each other safe in the workplace.”